Friday 1 June 2007

Midland Hotel

The Midland Hotel is starting to look good again. It should be reopened early next year. For those who don't know, the Midland was once Morecambes most prestigious hotel. Built as an Art Deco piece, it has fallen into disrepair over the years, despite its prominent position on the promenade.
I am really looking forward to it reopening when we will see more money coming back into the town.
I am starting to get a lot of pictures of the town so I decided to start a gallery. I will post a link when it is ready for viewing.

1 comment:

Nick B. said...

I spotted this article whilst on the way to the main GB3MBC site...

I remember stopping off in Morecambe on the way back from Windermere in 2004. Having previously visited for a childhood holiday in 1972 (two weeks in a strict boarding house!), I was quite shocked to see how some of the old buildings and what must have been a fairground (the polo mint tower) in a state of disrepair. It's good to see that the Midland is to be restored to it's former glory.

I've put a few of my 2004 pics up HERE.