Monday 21 July 2008

A great book!

Having started gardening and growing vegetables I have been looking at a lot of books on the subject. I have also been browsing youtube. I thought I would share a couple of really good resources I have found.

The first is from youtube. There are around 40 videos as I write and that number is growing. The thing to search for is *claireasallotment* and Claire manages to put things over really well without being patronising. I am learning so much from her.


Secondly my wife brought me a book from our local library. I am going to have to buy this one. It is called 'The Allotment Keeper's Handbook' and is by Jane Perrone (ISBN 978-1-84354-548-4).

I can't stop reading this one. The book is one of those that are just a joy to read. When was the last time you picked up a gardening book and read it cover to cover in one sitting? It is soft backed and not too big so you can take it with you. It is also, importantly, a terrific source of information and inspiration with lots pf good reference. Jane has written it in a no-nonsense style that makes you believe you can do it too. I don't have an allotment but the information in this book works for anyone who grows their own food.

She also has a blog called 'Horticultural' and I will link it on the side bar. Great stuff Jane :)

No comments: